What do you use to collect eggs?

724614831_t7KME-M.jpg

I use my 3-year old Granddaughter to collect mine. I just tell her to go ahead and put her hand under the chicken to get the eggs. And she goes, like "PawPaw, you want me to do what? Are you crazy?".
tongue.png

Last edited:
I stole the egg plastic container from my parents NY apartment refrigerator. They hardly ever stay there and when the do I just give them a carton of eggs. This way I have a nice plastic container that I just carry out to the coop. I always keep my eye out for someone getting rid of a fridge as I will try to snag more of them if I can. I think they are very helpful and since these days I am hatching mostly I can immediately put them pointy side down and the Marans eggs don't get scratched or bumped around. Basically it is the same as carrying a carton out with me but because it is so firm from the hard plastic it is easier to carry.

Quote:
Ha mine said the same thing I realized it was because he would see me staring into the bator saying that but I was reffering to the chicks.
lau.gif
It was a little disturbing and funny as well cause he would do it with all the eggs. even the ones we were about to eat.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom