Solved What does it mean when someone follows you?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by ChickNanny13, Mar 29, 2018.

1. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    Have "met" great people here that have been more than helpful and informative. Now & then I get an "alert" that says someone is "following" me. What does that mean? If I were to follow someone, what does that mean/do? There's just so much reading & learning that I haven't really gone through much else. Guess I should ...

Brahma Chicken5000 likes this.
  2. Spartan22

Spartan22 Crowing

Sep 2, 2014
    NE Ohio
    When someone follows you, it means they like you, you are good influence to them, they want to learn more from you. When you post on threads they want to know your opinions.

3. orrpeople

orrpeople Grading essays - be back soon!

Jun 15, 2016
    State of Jefferson
    ...like your own personal shadow... :)
    It's not like Facebook where you show up in their "news feed" - in fact, unless they search, they won't even see your posts, just the things you write on your own "wall". At least that's how it seems to me. Maybe someone else has had a different experience?

4. Kessel23

Kessel23 Hi Bug

Feb 6, 2018
    Hi Hannah
    I am not sure what it does but the people I follow show up on the homepage in their own little area when they are online above the people online box, which makes it easier to tell when someone is online, I guess... I don't know what else it does.

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds!

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    If you click on your own profile, there is a "News Feed". Only the people you are following show up there. So someone following you can see all your posts in one place.

6. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    OK, got it :thumbsup Thank you all for explaining :bow Learning never ends here :love I now feel "honored" being followed, especially since I know nothing :lau

Cayuga momma and WVduckchick like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: