What does your answer machine say?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

I tried to leave a nice, normal message "This is the family, leave a message"

Instead it's

"This is - WOULD SOMEONE SHUT THE DOG UP! - the fam - OK, SHUT THE GUINEAS UP ALSO - family. Please leave a - GET THE CAT OFF THE TABLE - message and we'll get back to you when the animals are behaving!" Starts in a nice, civil normal tone, ends in the Mother is frustrated at the world tone.

No one will let me change it.

Probably one of the most funniest ones I have ever heard was my cousin's machine. Somehow the automated voice got screwed up and was super slow and deep-voiced. Because I thought it was so hilarious I played around on my computer under the "recorder" thing and slowed up my voice--still makes me laugh!

I've thought about doing the mental health hotline one too LOL!
smile.png

I threw away the answering machine because the only person who left messages was my mother in law.
Now we just use the caller I D and if we want to call you back, we just do, and if not, we just don't.
I can't remember what my cell phone voicemail says, but same deal. Nobody really leaves a message, but if I want to call you back its in the missed call log.

So I was ready to change the message on my voicemail, and even though I have 4 phone handsets, I don't have any handset that doesn't need re-charging.
barnie.gif

I just hope that I can remember that I need to do this tomorrow.
th.gif

Quote:
Sorry to highjack but... It's a good idea to keep a hardline phone hooked up in the house in case of a power outage. Most carry-around wireless phones won't work when the power goes out. I'm not referring to cell phones.

Just a suggestion.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry to highjack but... It's a good idea to keep a hardline phone hooked up in the house in case of a power outage. Most carry-around wireless phones won't work when the power goes out. I'm not referring to cell phones.

Just a suggestion.
wink.png

We have one for that purpose, however the power outages are never bad enough to kill the cell towers and I always just end up charging my cell phone from the truck and using it as normal. Obviously youu want to be stocked up on all types of non-electric fuel before a storm, like gas in the trucks.

Back
Top Bottom