What dosage of Augmentin? UPDATE New ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrattishTaz

Roo Magnet
9 Years
Jan 8, 2011
Tampa Area, Florida
Ok, nobody helped me when I posted for help earlier. I give up on that.

What I REALLY REALLY need to know is what dosage do I give a 3 lb rooster?

I have Amox/ K Clav 875-125 (Augmentin 875 mg) tablets

He has an infected eye injury.

What would be the dosage of asprin for pain?

Last edited:
I've never seen Augmention given to chickens before.

For any eye injury, I would suggest you get some Terramycin eye ointment or some Triple Antibiotic Ointment safe for the eyes. Works faster and a lot easier to administer.

Augmentin is a very difficult antibiotic for people to endure. they save that for the big guns don't they?
For an eye infection, I would try some neosporin rub over the lid.
What type of infection? was the lid injured? is the eye ball injured?
If you use the aumenten, you could really mess up the balance in his flora and fauna.
Go to the feed store and get some terramycin. It will have the directions on the labeling.
I do not know what to tell you about the aspirin. From what i have read, chickens do not feel pain like we do. Their brains shut the input down.. or something.
good luck.
Maybe someone else has better information. Try doing a search for antibiotics, or eye injuries. there may be some information there.

Last edited:
I posted this earlier explaining what happened. The only avian vet in the area does not treat chickens and neither do any of the others. I can't see the eye at this point so I don't know what I am dealing with. He does seem to be uncomfortable. Asprin would also reduce the swelling. Thank for responding.

Augmentin is all I have right now.
sad.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5848220#p5848220

Last edited:
Your last post just 2 hours ago and during lunch. Be patient.

Again, get some Terramycin. I really wouldn't give the Augumentin since that could cause some secondary issues you will have to deal with.

Call your local feed store and your local TSC and see what they have available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom