What else eats your outdoor cat food?

here is a copy paste of an old post regarding the cat:
My Cat Killed a fully mature possum again. I noticed it two days ago and today tossed the remains over the back fence to my deed restricted land for the drainage district. Warning pretty gross picture is going to be attached. Also I am going to attach a picture of the 14 pound murderer. The chicken got to it before I thought to get a photo of it.
img_3810-jpg.1723534
img_3814-jpg.1723535
good kitty, big kitty!

We have a family that has now grown to 5 Green Jays that after 2 years are now slightly habituated to us. This bird is usually extremely shy it has been forever since I have photographed on so would need to dig really hard to find pictures of them feeding, but will put on a lens for photographing them just one yard away from my computer chair for you. Or google images of them will explain why I don't mind buying the largest cat food bag at TSC on a monthly basis to keep my Green Jays close.

Found an old photo:
View attachment 1914828
gorgeous bird.

I had a 14lb'er. he ate an entire baby rabbit. left just a tuft of the tail for evidence. He didn't move for 18 hours.
Cat food is kept inside, in the basement. Nobody gets it but the cats! Can't afford to feed wild things and don't want them around. Trash is kept locked up in the well house for the same reason. No critters!
good plan.

I had a 14lb'er. he ate an entire baby rabbit. left just a tuft of the tail for evidence. He didn't move for 18 hours.

good plan.

Thanks. I got wise about the trash when we had a raccoon AND an oppossum on the back porch tearing into it the same night, and Gracie, my Sheltie, going, "Nah, not getting involved!"

Back
Top Bottom