What gender am I ?

This is Chippy, she is 3 months old. I believe she is a Cayuga X Rouen, maybe? I thought she was a female. I’ve had her since a hatching. But I’ve been told that she might be a male because she doesn’t quack (yet) more a whistle & also bobs her head.
What do you guys think, male or female?
Also what breed do you think?
This is my first ever duck & I’m inlove.
Below are photos of her from today & since a day old hatchling.
View attachment 2516910
View attachment 2516912
View attachment 2516913

Doesn't look quite like a muscovy mix to me, the shape and the head just don't look it. My Appleyard bobbed a ton, and once he got his adult feathering in he was quite shiny (my friends black runners are also quite shiny) I don't know about sex, but no matter what I wish you and your little duck good luck <3

I LOVE HIMM!!!!! I would say he is a Muscovy hybrid, but I've never actually seen one so I will tag someone who also has Muscovy hopefully she can give a 2nd opinion. Do you think Muscovy hybrid @Miss Lydia ?? I love him he is so adorable with those kinds of sounds and those iridescent feathers I don't think it could be anything else. I have NO CLUE how one would go about sexing a Muscovy hybrid (also known as Mule ducks) because Muscovy and Mallard derived ducks have completely different ways of sexing them.

Back
Top Bottom