What Gender is this? ASAP

Aug 20, 2017
I had a chicken that was very precious to me. I loved this chicken to death. So, I made her family the “royal” family.
She was “Queen” until she passed away. She had two sons. The oldest became “King”. The oldest had two kids.
One is a boy. The other one is a mystery. I really want it to be a girl. She would be the first girl being born in the “royal” family. Plus, it looks very similar to her grandmother.

Is it a boy or a girl?
898FCC47-4948-428A-A13C-F8CDFAEF629B.jpeg

looks like pretty young chick what 2-3 days old? would help us more to see a pic of it standing at a side view or front and back view to make a guess as this young it's hard to tell from a picture in the first place

I had a chicken that was very precious to me. I loved this chicken to death. So, I made her family the “royal” family.
She was “Queen” until she passed away. She had two sons. The oldest became “King”. The oldest had two kids.
One is a boy. The other one is a mystery. I really want it to be a girl. She would be the first girl being born in the “royal” family. Plus, it looks very similar to her grandmother.

Is it a boy or a girl?
View attachment 1897731
Without knowing the breed, it is impossible to say whether or not it is one of the breeds that are capable of being feather sexed. Feather sexing does not work on all breeds.

Wing sexing only works with a select few hybrids. No pure breeds can be wing/feather sexed with any accuracy.

Wing sexing only works when very specific bloodlines are crossed. Your have to cross a male from a slow feathering line with a female from a fast feathering line. Its actually a very long a complicated process creating sexlinks that are wing sexable.

Back
Top Bottom