What happened here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say I have MISSED you Ruth and your pretty little blend in hen updates and photos!

hugs.gif

Jill

I am glad you are posting again Ruth.
smile.png

This thread will stay open as long as it is civil.

So just a friendly reminder. If you think what you have to say will cause the thread to be locked, then consider whether what you have to say is meant to rile or start trouble.
If it is, then please don't spoil it for everyone else and take any beefs to private email.

The only provoking to be done here is thought provoking.

I come to this forum seeking information, ideas and opinions so that I can think about whatever issue i'm dealing with at the time, consider others views, advice and reasons for their opinions so that I can form my own opinion and help give others food for thought so they can do the same.

It's like ordering food at a restraunt, You look over the whole menu and make your descision based on what sounds good and pass over the rest.
None of the staff will be pressing you to order their favorite, and if they did I'd still order what I want.

Being passionate about an issue is good, trying to force your passion on others is just wrong.

Name calling is for school kids, and some of them are smart enought to see the futility in it.

I don't take offence if someone calls me a name, afterall its just words, they have no power over me unless I give them that power, then its my fault that I'm upset.

This is just my opinion, if it provokes thought, great.
If it provokes anger... take a good look at yourself, no one is forcing their opinion on you.

I'm still new on this forum (and actually, this is the first forum I've felt compelled to join...I think that's saying a lot for a 40-ish person these days!).

I totally agree with Schmoo - you couldn't have said it any better! I've noticed some angry posts, but it's MY choice whether to read on or not.

Also, another thing folks ought to keep in mind is that when you are passionate about something...whether it be showing horses, training dogs, or keeping chicknes...you have strong opinions. Nothing wrong with that, in my book, but we ought to make sure and think about how we put things in writing sometimes. Writing is so much easier to misinterpret speaking is.

I've gotten more useful advice and ideas on this forum since I've been a member than anywhere else on the Internet, so I'm here to stay!

big_smile.png

As others said, these things come in cycles. I wouldn't let it get to you too much. I've seen it on the old BYC, and on just about every other message forum I have been a part of. I guess it keeps things interesting ;-)

I try not to get involved when stuff like that comes up, unless it's something that really hits home. Instead I try to focus more on other things, like helping people and showing off my animals in pictures! LOL

I read only one other forum on the whole internet, and I WISH that there were Moderators on that one. There's no evidence of Moderators at all, even though people on that other forum sometimes get absolutely horrible to each other. I thought all forums had Moderators.

Makes me appreciate that BYC has its "Polite Police". I LOVE IT. Makes me feel safe to come here. Our Mods are the best.

I am relatively new on the forum and read more than I post, but I too have seen some responses that were sharp and sarcastic. Usually I just move to another thread. I think there is always some anarchy without rules, so yes, please continue to lock out the "fowl" mouthed folks!!

I hope to get to know some of you "old timers" on this forum alittle better and will make a genuine effort myself to be friendly and accommodating to any one's posts that I answer. It's pretty idealistic but I do think if we all do our part to be peaceable and helpful to each other, the happy posts should just chirp along without problems! I love having the opportunity to talk chicken, I mean who else really wants to hear it ?!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom