what has been your greatest compliment?

turney31

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
palestine texas
My Greatest compliment was from my Dad: He said "Micah, you could make a home out of two referigerator boxes and an Igloo cooler."
love.gif

Someone complimented me for raising a polite and well balance daughter. She is 27, and I would have to agree with the compliment.
big_smile.png

When I was about 8.5 months pregnant, bloated, gaining weight, the size of a freight train and feeling like a cow bound for slaughter- some guy behind me in line at target tapped me on the shoulder and said,

"Dont you worry babydoll, your just as beautiful as ever, you look amazing."

And then he went about his day.

Its like he was reading my mind in that very instant. I started crying- and he graciously ignored me.

It was the nicest thing any person on earth has probably ever done for me, when they were obligated to do nothing.

When people tell me that they wish more kids would behave as well as my kids.
THe worst one: Your daughter looks just like you(it was my neighbors kid that went shopping with me. and no my DH could not be the dad)

I had to post, being that I think I got my greatest compliment today. I own my own dog grooming salon and I had two not so happy Schnauzers first thing this morning. The dogs were matted and really didn't enjoy being groomed. I really tried to take my time and go slow hoping that next time they will realize that the experience isn't really all that bad....The customer called me from her cell on the way home from picking up the dogs and said that she was so pleased with the haircuts and that she actually thought the dogs were smiling all the way home!!! Maybe you have to be a groomer to understand, but that was a great compliment coming from someone that knows her dogs are naughty..She rescheduled for 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom