what has been your greatest compliment?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by turney31, Mar 18, 2009.

1. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    My Greatest compliment was from my Dad: He said "Micah, you could make a home out of two referigerator boxes and an Igloo cooler." [​IMG]

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Someone complimented me for raising a polite and well balance daughter. She is 27, and I would have to agree with the compliment. [​IMG]

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    when people complement me on my children's manners

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

When my adult kids told me I had been a good mom to them growing up.

5. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I cant post my greatest compliment here. I have gotten a lot of compliments on our garden and chicken coop lately

6. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    When I was about 8.5 months pregnant, bloated, gaining weight, the size of a freight train and feeling like a cow bound for slaughter- some guy behind me in line at target tapped me on the shoulder and said,

"Dont you worry babydoll, your just as beautiful as ever, you look amazing."

And then he went about his day.

Its like he was reading my mind in that very instant. I started crying- and he graciously ignored me.

It was the nicest thing any person on earth has probably ever done for me, when they were obligated to do nothing.

7. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:same here

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    When people tell me that they wish more kids would behave as well as my kids.
    THe worst one: Your daughter looks just like you(it was my neighbors kid that went shopping with me. and no my DH could not be the dad)

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

When people tell me I did a great job with my son who I raised alone, and is now 19 years old.

10. slickchick

slickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    Mertztown, Pa
    I had to post, being that I think I got my greatest compliment today. I own my own dog grooming salon and I had two not so happy Schnauzers first thing this morning. The dogs were matted and really didn't enjoy being groomed. I really tried to take my time and go slow hoping that next time they will realize that the experience isn't really all that bad....The customer called me from her cell on the way home from picking up the dogs and said that she was so pleased with the haircuts and that she actually thought the dogs were smiling all the way home!!! Maybe you have to be a groomer to understand, but that was a great compliment coming from someone that knows her dogs are naughty..She rescheduled for 6 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by