What Hatchery Does TSC Use?

Quote:
According to Ideal they are focusing on more local feed stores that buy more chicks. I'll have to hunt up the thread where they said that hold on

Here it is post #68
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=284611&p=1

Hmmm.... I see.
sad.png
none of our local feed stores carry chicks at all
hit.gif

I don't know here.I'm sure they will tell you if you call or ask.We bought 13 RIR"S and 6 Americauna's and 6 OE bantam's last year from TSC in next town but, We got our own this year Weeeeee.The first chicks I ever got from TSC were some silkie's and a few cochin's that came in bantam run about 4 year's ago and We bought 16 pekin duckling's at same time.I am not sure where they all came from but never lost a bird one ever.They were all very healthy and did great.I'm thinking maybe Ideal poultry.The local old farmer's mill here has given free chicks last few(maybe longer) years with feed purchases through certain time and they get from Mt.Healthy and they were gorgeous fat lil chicks.Will buy something there for the freebies lol.Going to pick up some feed this weekend at TSC I have restrained calling baaaaaaa.I will be just like mad crazy if I walk in the store and hear the peeping:D.Since We had to sell out last fall Hubby wanting to start layer's again and well will see what else they get in hopefully some duckling's and bantam's as well but will check the other TSC not that far to drive.Hoping for some more OE"S since the 6 I have hatched Xmas 4 are roo's lol. Bird Is Da Word! DD

ours here gets mt healthy which are sadly usually 75 percent male..sad news is they also buy from someone local that buys the leftovers from my healthy which seem to be 90 percent roos.... the leggett town and country stores are advertising all pullets but i know for a fact got the chicks from a worse than straight run line from here locally ,,, mostly all roos and selling for 2.09 per chic..sad..seems like false advertisement..whichi i didnt expect from chain stores...
hmm.png

Our TSC's out here get theirs from Privett, found that out today. Web site doesn't have a listing of breeds available either
hmm.png
Was hoping to figure out 2 of the chicks I bought that are 'assorted', have a good idea on the others.

Back
Top Bottom