what have I got? 19 pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by debbyluvschickens, Jun 9, 2008.

1. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    My husband works at the Co Op/ feed store, and people are always bringing unwanted chickens up there in hopes of selling them. Hubby ALWAYS buys them, knowing I cant turn down chickens. All of these are "supposed to be purebreeds. My husband didnt ask waht kind the ones he bought were, but I asked about the ones I bought. I will tell you about each one above the pics. THERES LOTS OF PICS If you have any ideas, please tell me breed and sex of these chicks. especiall number 19 and the pretty silver and black roo as these are my fav.s P.S, ignore the dead one in the background, she was squished in the cage when the man brought them out here.

1. the man had some eggs hatching and gave me 6, the eggs were all from pure breeds, but he didnt have the eggs marked
    [​IMG]

2. these are supposed to be RIR?? Dont worry, they dont live in this cage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. No idea what this is...looks like a pullet? it is black with small white dots
    [​IMG]

4. He had grown chickens like these...pure bred bantams is all he knew about them...rooster?
    [​IMG]

5. Blue cochin bantam?
    [​IMG]

these chicks came from another guy, he bought them as day olds and was told they were pure breeds, including RIR, white leghorns, black orps or austrolop he couldnt remember which, and buff orps. Some died and he doesnt know what he had left.

6. Black with gold coloring on breast
    [​IMG]

7. solid black
    [​IMG]

8.black with white or silver
    [​IMG]

9. another solid black one
    [​IMG]

10. another solid black...roo?
    [​IMG]

11.red roo?
    [​IMG]

12. red pullet?
    [​IMG]

13. another red roo? RIR? his eye just looks weird in this pic, doesnt really look like that
    [​IMG]

14. black/gold??
    [​IMG]

15. and 16. red/white?? theres 2 of these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. beautiful black and silver roo..but what breed??
    [​IMG]

17. not a very good pic of this..roo?...its white with a light grey mixed in
    [​IMG]

18. solid white with single or straight comb
    [​IMG]

19. white with weird flat comb
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Only ones I can ID are the doberman and baby!

3. debbyluvschickens

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    LOL I got a really good deal on the baby!! ISnt he cute?

4. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    That IS a cute Baby!

The chicks are neat, but I can't Id them at all. I have 25 Rainbow Layers from MM hatchery about 2 weeks old & I can only figure out the Partridge Rocks and EE's so far

But, you are so nice to take in all those previously orphaned chicks. Lucky chicks!!!

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Best I can do is possibly OEGB baby in the first one, splash cochin (what you thought was blue) and yes, those are RIR, I believe. 15 and 16 may be gold comets.

Is that a dead chicken on the cage in two of those pictures? Eep!

Baby, daughter and pup are too cute.

6. debbyluvschickens

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    Quote:Lucky ME..LOL..Im addicted to chickens!! Im really excited about getting some Pure breeds too...if thet really are pure breeds...lol...oh well, theyre cute anyway...or most of them are.

7. debbyluvschickens

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    Quote:yes, one was dead, my husband paid for them and sent the man to our house to deliver them, he had them in a small cage, and one was squished I guess, she was really pretty too....

8. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Awww! I wish people wouldn't do that. :-(

9. debbyluvschickens

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    Speaking of OEGB, I also got these chickens, he called them red pied and japs. Are they OEGB and Japanese? I think one is a speckled sussex...and there are 2 more that are buff colored with tall black tails, like the white one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Definitely OEGB. Not sure on the jap.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by