what have I got? 19 pics

debbyluvschickens

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
eastern arkansas
My husband works at the Co Op/ feed store, and people are always bringing unwanted chickens up there in hopes of selling them. Hubby ALWAYS buys them, knowing I cant turn down chickens. All of these are "supposed to be purebreeds. My husband didnt ask waht kind the ones he bought were, but I asked about the ones I bought. I will tell you about each one above the pics. THERES LOTS OF PICS If you have any ideas, please tell me breed and sex of these chicks. especiall number 19 and the pretty silver and black roo as these are my fav.s P.S, ignore the dead one in the background, she was squished in the cage when the man brought them out here.

1. the man had some eggs hatching and gave me 6, the eggs were all from pure breeds, but he didnt have the eggs marked
animals122.jpg

2. these are supposed to be RIR?? Dont worry, they dont live in this cage.
animals108.jpg

animals115.jpg

3. No idea what this is...looks like a pullet? it is black with small white dots
animals114.jpg

4. He had grown chickens like these...pure bred bantams is all he knew about them...rooster?
animals113.jpg

5. Blue cochin bantam?
animals111.jpg

these chicks came from another guy, he bought them as day olds and was told they were pure breeds, including RIR, white leghorns, black orps or austrolop he couldnt remember which, and buff orps. Some died and he doesnt know what he had left.

6. Black with gold coloring on breast
animals107.jpg

7. solid black
animals105.jpg

8.black with white or silver
animals104.jpg

9. another solid black one
animals103.jpg

10. another solid black...roo?
animals102.jpg

11.red roo?
animals101.jpg

12. red pullet?
animals100.jpg

13. another red roo? RIR? his eye just looks weird in this pic, doesnt really look like that
animals099.jpg

14. black/gold??
animals098.jpg

15. and 16. red/white?? theres 2 of these
animals097.jpg

animals096.jpg

16. beautiful black and silver roo..but what breed??
animals095.jpg

17. not a very good pic of this..roo?...its white with a light grey mixed in
animals094.jpg

18. solid white with single or straight comb
animals093.jpg

19. white with weird flat comb
animals092.jpg

Last edited:
That IS a cute Baby!

The chicks are neat, but I can't Id them at all. I have 25 Rainbow Layers from MM hatchery about 2 weeks old & I can only figure out the Partridge Rocks and EE's so far

But, you are so nice to take in all those previously orphaned chicks. Lucky chicks!!!

Best I can do is possibly OEGB baby in the first one, splash cochin (what you thought was blue) and yes, those are RIR, I believe. 15 and 16 may be gold comets.

Is that a dead chicken on the cage in two of those pictures? Eep!

Baby, daughter and pup are too cute.

Last edited:
Quote:
Lucky ME..LOL..Im addicted to chickens!! Im really excited about getting some Pure breeds too...if thet really are pure breeds...lol...oh well, theyre cute anyway...or most of them are.

Quote:
yes, one was dead, my husband paid for them and sent the man to our house to deliver them, he had them in a small cage, and one was squished I guess, she was really pretty too....

Speaking of OEGB, I also got these chickens, he called them red pied and japs. Are they OEGB and Japanese? I think one is a speckled sussex...and there are 2 more that are buff colored with tall black tails, like the white one.

animals130.jpg

animals121.jpg

animals119.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom