What have you repurposed while building ?

Pics
The exterior walls are slab leftovers from a local sawmill.
The dimensional lumber was leftover from my garage.
Windows were from a nearby remodel.
Also have a full light steel entry door that I have to hang. That's going to be a tough job to get it plumb.

PS I've done all of this with no help from any other person.

Attachments

• coopwall 1.jpg
    coopwall 1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 49
  • coopwall 2.jpg
    coopwall 2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 52
  • coopwall 3.jpg
    coopwall 3.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 49
  • July 121.jpg
    July 121.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 49
  • July122.jpg
    July122.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 50
And actually the area I live in there’s a lot of small farms and hobby farms in the area so a lot of people already do reuse their good items so it’s a rare occasion to find something usable there. But luckily I work construction and there’s definitely good fines by their dumpster or stuff they’re about to haul off. Some of the guys I work with had gotten so used to me that they’ll let me know before they haul stuff off. I’m sure they’re standing back watching me making fun of me but guess what DONT CARE! Lol

Also have a full light steel entry door that I have to hang. That's going to be a tough job to get it plumb.

:love
I love that! But it’s almost sad that some of these re-purposed material Coops are looking better than my own house. LOL

Nice job. Gonna put full length soffit vents? Super easy to do by stapling some hdw cloth on bottom of overhang before putting up the fascia trim.

My coop is just a little pre-fab dollhouse type. My husband put it on a higher base and expanded the backside. We used scrap house exterior panels. I put my 2x4 roosts FLAT side down so the girls can lay on their feet (out winters are single digits).

Attachments

• 48CFC80D-650E-45A8-A1A8-1E8E72B3DAF6.jpeg
    48CFC80D-650E-45A8-A1A8-1E8E72B3DAF6.jpeg
    812.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 8776F2B1-A480-4741-96AE-9FEFAD6D71BC.jpeg
    8776F2B1-A480-4741-96AE-9FEFAD6D71BC.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 39
So it held up well in the weather? I’ve always wanted to use mine as some sort of skylight or sunroom for the chicken coop but always afraid the weather would turn it into broken shards of glass everywhere
I built a wooden frame and siliconed the door to the frame. Its in my thread, Helpful hints for building coops. Works great and no leaks in a year.

Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom