What have you repurposed while building ?

Pics
BE81CB5C-7D83-4333-8883-693DB59003E9.jpeg 7FD105A8-CADB-4DA0-8DF8-74EACCDA3033.jpeg DA3DB19D-D72C-4E00-BB7B-AC571645699D.jpeg B76598CD-6524-4E53-A5CB-D10CC7DC2220.jpeg We are finishing our new Coop. We used pallets I got off the job site for the floor 2 x 4’s and 4 x 4’s I got off the job site for framing and some plywood from a place near us called bargain village. They sell plywood that is either a slightly warped or on evenly cut for very reduced price. My mother-in-law had some extra sheet metal she didn’t need for the roof. We got scrap vinyl for half the floor and the other half of the floor is vinyl From my moms old kitchen when she redid it. Inside I’m getting ready to place some metal roadway signs for poop boards and we put some of our old cabinets in there as nest boxes. With some coats of barn paint it is probably the best re-purposed thing we’ve made yet. And the little pop door from the chickens actually came off a very small rabbit hutch that fell apart but that little piece was still intact. We popped it on and it made us look like we do what we were doing and had skill. I think we might finally be done this weekend. We’ve been working on it since March but the weather has been everything but cooperative. We attached the old one to the new run to make 640 ft.² of run and a 8x12 coop. We collect the chicken condo

Nice job. Gonna put full length soffit vents? Super easy to do by stapling some hdw cloth on bottom of overhang before putting up the fascia trim.
Hardware cloth has been the only thing that I purchased for the coop. Bottom 2 feet of the walls, on the floor joists and for the soffits (that I haven't completed yet).

My father swears that my mother and I are the reason the local dump put up barriers and dumping stations. They were tired of forever chasing us out of the treasure piles!
Haha. That’s awesome. Work as team can collect more treasures. I got no one on my side but BYC. Lol. Trust me I collect plenty anyhow though. Sometimes I’ll take the Corolla to work and spot something and found out that you’d be amazed what can fit in Corolla if you work right!

I used sides of an old dog crate for bottom and skirt or as @lazy gardener said grill grates are great and sounds like gutter guards are awesome if you haven’t purchased all the HC.
Maybe if we use grill grates over the windows, it'll scare the roos into behaving better. They won't want to be looking through the grill grate at the coals, next time!

Back
Top Bottom