What have you repurposed while building ?

Pics

Attachments

• 1167944-be6de2134190231020e65dd482a8e633.jpg
    1167944-be6de2134190231020e65dd482a8e633.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 11
I used pallets for hen house, floor and walls, covered with privacy fence slats, old rubber shingles from a tear down for roof. The run fence (chainlink) is from an abandoned lot (full of junk). My silkies have a plastic playhouse from a neighbor for their house. The only thing I bought for my flock is chicken wire, nails and screws. I can honestly say that I have the TRASHIEST chicken coop and run in my area. View attachment 1480723View attachment 1480724View attachment 1480727
I don't think it looks trashy. Are you able to keep the playhouse dry? Maybe the covered run area helps? I am not able to keep my playhouse well ventilated and dry at the aame time (if it rains in a certain direction), so I am glad I housed ducks in it.

We recycled a wooden "CD rack" for a roost. Made a "poop catcher" from canvas and hung it on the dowels. Plan to attach it a foot or so off the floor at the appropriate angle. We have a pretty small coop for our 6 ladies, Hope that it will give them a little more floor space that is free from poops. Have yet to try it out.

So... I work at a company that builds fence and decks as well as other outdoor living spaces. We deal mainly in the PT lumber and in the last couple years they have changed the treatment so the lumber is a brown color instead of green. The old green stock that never got used last year was heading for the dumpster a couple weeks ago, there was quite a bit there and I managed to rehome it on my farm. My brother worked the week end and we got a pasture fenced for the llamas, now just waiting for gates before we can let them out there.
IMG_2484.jpg
IMG_2483.jpg

Then I had some posts left over so I had my brother put them in the ground for my new Guinea run.
IMG_2478.jpg
IMG_2475.jpg

So... I work at a company that builds fence and decks as well as other outdoor living spaces. We deal mainly in the PT lumber and in the last couple years they have changed the treatment so the lumber is a brown color instead of green. The old green stock that never got used last year was heading for the dumpster a couple weeks ago, there was quite a bit there and I managed to rehome it on my farm. My brother worked the week end and we got a pasture fenced for the llamas, now just waiting for gates before we can let them out there.View attachment 1489772 View attachment 1489773
Then I had some posts left over so I had my brother put them in the ground for my new Guinea run.
View attachment 1489776 View attachment 1489777
Wow. So lucky!

I have had my eyes on the reciprocating saw. Been wanting one. So going battery powered by not being bad idea. By the way I love your avatar nice looking dog. Very cute
@Rachel Taylor The first Christmas present I asked for after hurricane Katrina was a reciprocating saw, and I have never regretted it. It is one of the best tools in the box. Highly recommend everyone who does projects own one. :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom