What have you repurposed while building ?

Pics
So much cool stuff! My friend used old appliances, fridges, dishwashers, washing machines, drying machines, and cabinets and turned into into the ¨Broody Ballroom¨ a giant inclosed space that has nesting boxes, 3 food and water stops, an outdoor area, a chick nursery. She found all of this at a dump. She breeds silkies, and turned an old horse trailer into a new coop for the chooks.

We have an airboat business and my husband ordered a new break. Its came attached in a premade box. So we took the top and cut it in half and added the sections with flat boards laying around in the shop. We made two, only have the one pictured but they work great! They are stacked on top on one another.
Thankfully I dont have to use animal crates any more as nest boxes!
20180821_101227.jpg

We live on 40 acres of woods so I used trees for their roost.
(Excuse the dirty wall...its time to disinfect & re paint!)
20180804_130416.jpg

View attachment 1514928 View attachment 1514929 View attachment 1514930
Not my idea but I'm thinking of repurposing a Rubbermaid horizontal shed into a coop for a couple of backyard chickens. And using a dog kennel for the chicken run. I'm thinking the plastic would keep them dry and probably keep them warmer in cold winters with the double wall plastic. Would plastic be warmer than wood for cold winters?
My mother’s madien name is Rossi. 12 in the family
Don’t know if it would be warmer. Easier to clean with added ventilation How cold

My mother’s madien name is Rossi. 12 in the family
Don’t know if it would be warmer. Easier to clean with added ventilation How cold
In Toronto we have 2 really cold months where the temp can dive down to -20 for a few days. I was told the air in the double plastic wall acted as some type of insulation. I also read that it is draft free and waterproof. I love that I could hose it down for cleaning. No rot, no Mold, I have to get the best small coop for winter. I will also get a couple of chickens that are winter hardy. I would love to make this but if I need to buy something that is winter proof, I will. Rossi is my married name.

Back
Top Bottom