What have you repurposed while building ?

Pics
I agree! And I’m going to have to show this thread to my husband and maybe it will show him I’m not completely crazy. I admit to being partially crazy.
Aw heck I was just getting started on the recycled stuff. Crazy nope I’m not crazy.
31F1D4F3-290E-4243-AA70-EEF09FBB5C80.jpeg

Recycled scaffolding boards for the siding on coop. It’s 14 x 10 feet divided in the center with one of two metal roll up garage doors. The coop doors are made from recycled siding found here from former owner. The home in back is not mine and my coop was there first. It’s not my fault his master bedroom deck overlooks my fine chicken coop. The roofing was the only thing purchased on this coop. The fencing is wrought iron that was being thrown away. The 55 gallon metal drum that I use as a table top now and various other things, was given to me brand new. The left over pallet will be used on the new coop which is closer to the house. There’s 4 windows that are now completely buried by the vines. I was going to take the vines down but they are providing valuable shade for the coop now (104 for the past 4 days) and protection from varmits so I’ve decided to leave there for now. Besides the black berries taste fine. The buckets are recycled for nest boxes not used for now. The gutter came from extras the son in law had leftover from his remodel. From that same remodel I received 2 sliding glass doors with aluminum frames, that along with 4 sliders from my remodel and 4 from another friends remodel I built a very large green house that the chickens enjoy. But wait there’s more.....I guess maybe I am crazy, but it’s a lot of fun being crazy.

Aw heck I was just getting started on the recycled stuff. Crazy nope I’m not crazy.
View attachment 1474764
Recycled scaffolding boards for the siding on coop. It’s 14 x 10 feet divided in the center with one of two metal roll up garage doors. The coop doors are made from recycled siding found here from former owner. The home in back is not mine and my coop was there first. It’s not my fault his master bedroom deck overlooks my fine chicken coop. The roofing was the only thing purchased on this coop. The fencing is wrought iron that was being thrown away. The 55 gallon metal drum that I use as a table top now and various other things, was given to me brand new. The left over pallet will be used on the new coop which is closer to the house. There’s 4 windows that are now completely buried by the vines. I was going to take the vines down but they are providing valuable shade for the coop now (104 for the past 4 days) and protection from varmits so I’ve decided to leave there for now. Besides the black berries taste fine. The buckets are recycled for nest boxes not used for now. The gutter came from extras the son in law had leftover from his remodel. From that same remodel I received 2 sliding glass doors with aluminum frames, that along with 4 sliders from my remodel and 4 from another friends remodel I built a very large green house that the chickens enjoy. But wait there’s more.....I guess maybe I am crazy, but it’s a lot of fun being crazy.
I like being “crazy “. Keeps things interesting. Been crazy so long feels normal to me Lol

Back
Top Bottom