What I deal I got yesterday!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TexasVet, Feb 12, 2009.

1. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    I have zero carpentry skills, and just can't bring myself to pay $1,500 or more for a new storage building. So I've been scanning Craigslist for months, hoping to find a decent deal.

Well, guess what? Yesterday I did! How about a 10x10 wood building for $250??? The mover is charging $350 to pull a permit, pick it up, haul it 100 miles, and then set it up. Seems like a decent deal to me. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to get a new building for $600.

If the ad is still up, you can see it here: http://houston.craigslist.org/for/1029256374.html

hoping they leave all the shelving it in so I can use the wood to build nest boxes and stuff.

Giddy with delight...

Kathy in Texas
  2. Bullet

Bullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Mt. Pleasant
    That's awesome, I wish I could come across a deal like that! I could use another chicken pen! Congrats to ya!
  3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Wow!!! GReat find! I love Craigs list [​IMG]
  4. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Nice... [​IMG] looks like a great deal to me
  5. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    WOW that is going to make one nice coop. Nice find !
  6. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    looks cool to me:thumbsup
  7. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! [​IMG] [​IMG]I love a good bargain and I really love to see someone else find a good bargain .. [​IMG] especially when it involves a chicken related item!!! You got blessed big time!! [​IMG]
  8. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    Thank you! I think so too. I looked at the sheds at Lowes when I went by there today, and didn't see anything near a 10x10 that was under $1500. Even the plastic ones were over $900, and they don't have windows.

Kathy in Texas
  9. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

I would jump on it! (and sleep in in, lol)
  10. apukanski

apukanski Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2008
    How many chickens do you think can comfortably live there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by