what i got at the swap today, pics!!

penelope77

Songster
11 Years
May 6, 2008
northeast oklahoma
swap day was much better today for me getting stuff. i am so addicted to birds. okay so i got one pekin, one cayuga, another duck but i don't know what it is. the ducks are my sons but the cayuga is mine, mine, mine!! i also got a cochin hen, the man told me what type exactly but all's i remember is something about a pencil. anyway, three more chicks and another new rabbit. i am 98% percent sure it is a doe. i imagine she is part harlequin cause my rabbit "bunny" is and they both have the two-tone face. she's really sweet. oh and the guy i got my birds from gave me about 9 guinea eggs!! so here they are

newrabbit3.jpg

newrabbit2.jpg

newrabbit.jpg

newhen.jpg

newducks2.jpg

let us out!!!
newducks.jpg

newchicks2.jpg

okay i believe my hen is a partridge cochin.

Last edited:
my goat person was going and wanted me to pick up my lgd there. so i went and got my dog and other stuff. i've been back four maybe five times. they advertise them in the big nickel and sometimes in the classifieds of certain papers. also if you google poultry swaps in "whatever state" you live in it will usually have a list. i love the swap in afton. i make a rule that i don't buy till i see everything and know the prices and then go from there. the guy i got my ducks and hen from has really nice birds and tons of them! his prices are reasonable too. i paid six bucks a piece for each of them plus he gave me the guinea eggs. i like getting the ducks from the same person cause when i brought them home and put them in a pen away from my other birds they all stick together, even the hen was haging out with the ducks. i'm gonna get more next month from him. i've got a serious case of duck fever. help!!

Back
Top Bottom