What in the world is this chicken??

BubbaBubbles

Songster
May 14, 2023
Virginia
Ugh, ok. So, I got 2 bantams from tractor supply. All our other chicks and ducklings have about reached their mature size EXCEPT for the bantams. Now, I own 2 other bantams outside who are far bigger than this. This is a pic of Bambi. The other one, Zazu, (not shown) looks Identical by a little. Please, please, tell me if these are bantams and if they are... What kind!? They look like house birds and I'm so worried about putting them with the other bigger chickens. Are they going to stay this small?? They're adorable, yes, but what if they get trampled or picked on?? Please help. I've been doing as much research as possible about all my birds but I'm stumped about her.
bambii.png
1684469736300.png
1684469755391.png

Attachments

• 1684469774263.png
    1684469774263.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm no expert, but that looks like a Wellsummer bantam to me. Not positive about the Wellsummer, but it is definitely a bantam and a real cutie. They will stay small but I don't know if they will get bigger, depends whether they are full grown or not. Once they are grown they should integrate okay with your older birds, if you have adequate space for them all. Good luck!

I'm no expert, but that looks like a Wellsummer bantam to me. Not positive about the Wellsummer, but it is definitely a bantam and a real cutie. They will stay small but I don't know if they will get bigger, depends whether they are full grown or not. Once they are grown they should integrate okay with your older birds, if you have adequate space for them all. Good luck!
Thank you!

Black breasted red old English game bantam cockerel(s). They’ll get bigger, so you can wait to put them outside if you feel they’ll get bullied.
OMG. They have identical tails. I think you're right!! Thank you! Can you tell me if Bambi there is going to be a pullet? She's just now getting a bigger comb, same for Zazu but his/hers is bigger by 2 inches.

Back
Top Bottom