What is a 30'x7' Uhaul truck used for FINALLY FINISHED AFTER 2 MONTHS

I'd put something down on the ramp for the chickens, I'm sure its sort of slippery for them to climb up and down. Also I'd put some bedding inside the back of the truck. If you don't you will have a huge mess to clean up when all that poop starts collecting on the metal floor.

I like it, you could put wheels on the fence posts, & then hook it up to a tractor & have a "chicken tractor" Guiness Book World Record! hehehehe...

ep.gif
That is EXCELLENT!
frow.gif
Love the security and I'll bet there's no problem with your flock turning in for the night.
thumbsup.gif
Great use of an unused truck!

Well everybody thanks a bunch for all the comments. Its a slow process but I'm getting there. I went and got the vents today for them. Hopefully 4 will be enough. And I seen in another post something about a mobile chicken tractor. Well thought about that but well our neighbors 4 wheel drive 5065 pushed it no problem but well our equipment
gig.gif
probably would barely push it down hill but thats about it haha.

Very Cool coop indeed. I did that with our old camper that we had lived in while we built our cabin. It was great because it was insulated had vents windows etc. The hens used the lower cupboards as nest boxes with the doors removed and I had lots of upper cupboards to keep feed and supplies, and cleaning stuff. It kept the girls up off the ground and safe from predators. It's amazing what we can do with a little creative visualization.

Hello everybody. Finally got the mower working but can't mow because of that rain. Oh well. I'll just work on the inside. So far from the suggestions I have gotten on this forum is:

Windows
Vents
Pine Shavings
Door
Nest boxes
Engine compartment/cab
Ramp upgrade

Well so far I have got some pine shavings for the coop. It smells really good in there too. I had some old feed buckets left over that I got from TSC thats rubbed and made a waterer and a feeder out of it. I have made the door for the chickens also. The ramp I am just going to make a wooden one so I can put some non slip stuff on it. Another suggestion on here. I have cleaned it up a whole lot. The field is starting to look like it used to haha. Just kiddin. I just yesterday got the roosts put up. The leghorns were the first to climb u on it and check it out. For the overhead compartment I plan on framing it up and using it to isolate a broody(if I can ever find one
he.gif
rant.gif
) and for the yearly batch of chickens. Stays real warm up there especially so won't need as much heat. Then if anybody has any more suggestions OR if they have a broody chicken they would sell me let me know. Will take all suggestions into consideration. Thanks a whole bunch.
thumbsup.gif
FF (Dusty)

Back
Top Bottom