What is a good price for live quail?

Location really matters. Check to see if there is anyone selling them on your local craigslist to see how much they're selling for in your area. Otherwise, do some basic calculation on how much you've spent on feed, incubation, etc, and figure you need at least that much per bird. Hens are generally worth close to twice as much as roos.

I like the idea of hatching to order. Do you mind if I ask how you advertise?
I put a flyer on the bulletin board at the feed store and I have a small local radio station that has an hour show in the evening and on saturdays where you can call in to sell, or barter any items you want, it’s mostly furniture, vehicles, animals and farm equipment but I’ll call in there if I know I’ll have a mess of eggs in a few weeks, and other local connections I can usually find someone when I have full breedin pens and am set up to produce enough hatching eggs I’ll reach out to a few people and tell them to mention that I’ll have a couple hatches this month or whatever the case may be.. done this for 15 years with produce, chickens, eggs and rabbits too..

Location really matters. Check to see if there is anyone selling them on your local craigslist to see how much they're selling for in your area. Otherwise, do some basic calculation on how much you've spent on feed, incubation, etc, and figure you need at least that much per bird. Hens are generally worth close to twice as much as roos.
100%

So I have someone who would like to buy some quail from me. I was just wondering for those of you who sell live adult quail to people what is a fair price per female and a fair price per male. I know it depends on the buyer but was wondering what price I should stay above if I wanted to make profit or something. Thank you for the help.
Here in spain in the market we used to pay 2,5$ per adult quail or 0,9$ per baby quail until they were forbidden last year...

Back
Top Bottom