What is a good price for live quail?

Patiocoturnix

🦠
Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2023
West central Florida
So I have someone who would like to buy some quail from me. I was just wondering for those of you who sell live adult quail to people what is a fair price per female and a fair price per male. I know it depends on the buyer but was wondering what price I should stay above if I wanted to make profit or something. Thank you for the help.

If they are mature and laying hens $10 standard and $12 jumbo, mature roosters $8 each.. I sell day old straight run chicks for $3 each up to 1 week old.. then $5 each straight run chick over a week old upto 3rd week, then 3-5+ week old sexable chicks are $8 each. I usually do hatches for people so it’s a straight fee per number of eggs hatched.. very seldom do I have chicks longer than a week not spoken for.. I have many local outlets I can call and they will gladly take them if not spoken for..

If they are mature and laying hens $10 standard and $12 jumbo, mature roosters $8 each.. I sell day old straight run chicks for $3 each up to 1 week old.. then $5 each straight run chick over a week old upto 3rd week, then 3-5+ week old sexable chicks are $8 each. I usually do hatches for people so it’s a straight fee per number of eggs hatched.. very seldom do I have chicks longer than a week not spoken for.. I have many local outlets I can call and they will gladly take them if not spoken for..
Thank you

Location could have an influence as well. Here in Hawaii, the standard price ranges seem to be:
  • 2-4$/ea for hatching eggs
  • 10-12$/ea for day old chick, unsexed
  • 10$ for Male at point of maturity
  • 20$ for Hen at point of lay

Location could have an influence as well. Here in Hawaii, the standard price ranges seem to be:
  • 2-4$/ea for hatching eggs
  • 10-12$/ea for day old chick, unsexed
  • 10$ for Male at point of maturity
  • 20$ for Hen at point of lay
Ok so it seems like I’m just going to have to get together with the person we are selling to and find out how much they are willing to pay yeah location could have a big difference on the price I live in Florida so it’s prob totally different prices. Thank you all for your help.

Ok so it seems like I’m just going to have to get together with the person we are selling to and find out how much they are willing to pay yeah location could have a big difference on the price I live in Florida so it’s prob totally different prices. Thank you all for your help.
You could look at Craig's list for you locality and get an idea what people are charging around you.

I like the idea of hatching to order. Do you mind if I ask how you advertise?

Back
Top Bottom