Pics
I hear you...but it gets better, we are finding that it takes a bit for them to get in the swing of laying but they will get there!
Mine are small and their first eggs were tiny! I am jealous. They are starting to get up to size and that's after 4 weeks of laying. :hit
I was shocked at how big our SG eggs were after a couple weeks. Kinda felt sorry for the poor girl!

It's not as big as it looks in that pic. Here it is next to a regular store bought egg.

Attachments

• 20180721_210407.jpg
    20180721_210407.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 9
I got an egg, I got an egg, I got an egg, hey, hey, hey!!! LOL! I let the girls run around the yard for a couple of hours every morning and evening. I was pleasantly surprised to find this little nugget this evening. I have no idea when she laid it, but I know it wasn't there when View attachment 1477163 I let them out this morning. It was hot when I got it, but I'm in Texas, and our temps today reached 110, so I don't know if it's still good. But I'm so excited to see it!

Yay!!! :wee

My gem is still squatting constantly, but no egg yet, impatiently checking the nest box every day...:fl

Mine are small and their first eggs were tiny! I am jealous. They are starting to get up to size and that's after 4 weeks of laying. :hit
I only have 2 laying and not every day...and they're small! Ack! But we feed the organic grain and I hear that I should expect growth and laying to take longer as it doesnt have ingredients that accelerate growth. I hope that's all it is. With shipping, I'm paying $50ish a bag...and feeding 25 birds...and getting 2 to 4 eggs a day :barnie2 are from older birds and 2 are from our SGs. The rest of the birds are our resident roo, 2 potential roos, a handful of meatbirds, and younger pullets. I'm sure ant day, the egg tide will turn but at the moment, those free-loading fluffers are lucky they're so cute!

Ahhh, my sg pullet finally laid at 19 weeks, but it was a soft shell! :hit

Anyone know how much time is normal before she lays a regular egg? She’s already on layer with the rest of the flock, so I’m assuming it’s just a normal pullet thing...

Ahhh, my sg pullet finally laid at 19 weeks, but it was a soft shell! :hit

Anyone know how much time is normal before she lays a regular egg? She’s already on layer with the rest of the flock, so I’m assuming it’s just a normal pullet thing...
It is normal none of mine laid soft eggs for over a week but now she is good to go. It can take pullets awhile to work out all the kinks.

I now have 2 of my 11 chickens laying, and today I was able to find out that Blueberry is for sure one of them. I went to put the girls in the coop so I could let the dogs out, and she was missing. I found her in the nesting box. So I left her alone for a while. When I went to put the dogs out a few minutes later she was "singing". I checked, but no egg yet. She let me pet her for a while. Then she started moving the pine shavings around and getting kind of antsy, so I came inside. Went back about 10 minutes later, and she was out laying with the rest of the girls, and I had a pretty brown egg in the nesting box. It is still on the small side (weighing about 1.5oz, average weight of a large egg is about 2oz), but that's her 4th egg, and her 2nd in two days, so hopefully this.marks the beginning of some consis. Now if the other 9 freeloaders would get to work, it.would be fantastic. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom