What is a "sizzle?" What is a "Fizzle?" pics please

This is a Frizzle, Red Frizzle Cochin

13887_frizzle_012.jpg

13887_frizzle_013.jpg

Quote:
do yo mean Frizzle? They are new to the show. They are working on into getting recognized. You can still show them, Not sizzle'z yet. I brought a sizzle to a show and got DQed because for not being recognized,
They told me that the only breed that can be shown is a frizzled Cochin.
cant have dark skin cant have 5 toes cant have the crest.

That is why a lot breeders are working on getting them into show.

What they told you is WRONG. Frizzle is recognised for EVERY recognised breed by both ABA & APA. Sizzles are another matter--they aren't just frizzles. A frizzled silkie would be recognised; a sizzle is not. Showing a non-recognised breed or variety is REQUIRE part of the process for recognition--it is NOT a DQ. It's too late now, but you need to contact the show and let them know that the judge was not following ABA or APA standards, and that you want to make sure that the error is not repeated. Get a copy of either or both standards and take it with you next time.

Quote:
do yo mean Frizzle? They are new to the show. They are working on into getting recognized. You can still show them, Not sizzle'z yet. I brought a sizzle to a show and got DQed because for not being recognized,
They told me that the only breed that can be shown is a frizzled Cochin.
cant have dark skin cant have 5 toes cant have the crest.

That is why a lot breeders are working on getting them into show.

What they told you is WRONG. Frizzle is recognised for EVERY recognised breed by both ABA & APA. Sizzles are another matter--they aren't just frizzles. A frizzled silkie would be recognised; a sizzle is not. Showing a non-recognised breed or variety is REQUIRE part of the process for recognition--it is NOT a DQ. It's too late now, but you need to contact the show and let them know that the judge was not following ABA or APA standards, and that you want to make sure that the error is not repeated. Get a copy of either or both standards and take it with you next time.

I do need to get one of those books. Hmmm, well i dont have her any more, now i am getting into the frizzle cochin. So the frizzled cochin, do they have there own class?

Frizzle do not breed ture. I have been breeded frizzle for about 15 years now and I love them.. I have a frizzle with silkie feather and I was not sure how I got it, but this year I have figured it out...
It is better to breed frizzle to straight feather you get nicer frizzles.

Back
Top Bottom