What is everyone planning on hatching this spring? 2009

I am planning to get more white Leghorns, Mille Fleur d'Uccles, a roo for my Delawares and trying to get more colors from my Silkies. I have lots of white ones with one Partridge and a couple Blues. Also hoping to increase my RIR flock.

just need the little OEGBs to lay. and i'll be hatching away, so impatient though
he.gif

I'm going to hatch blue eggs. I would prefer to get some purebred Araucana eggs for this, but would be willing to do EEs or Ameraucanas if the color of the shell is blue enough!

There's to many chickens I want to hatch. I'm hoping for some Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Spitzhaubens, and some other breeds if I can find any eggs.

I will be hatching my RC RIRs and my blue bantam cochins. I think I will just stick with them as I have no more room in my barn for any more breeds. Although, if I could find some really nice porcelain d'Uccles I may try them again. NO Frizzledhen, you do not have any more room for another breed of chicken! Guess I just talked myself out of the d'Uccles.
th.gif

I'm going to be hatching some Wheaten and BC Marans from Buddy Henry, as well as whatever anybody offers or wants to trade that looks good! I just love hatching!
jumpy.gif
And of course lots of eggs from my "kids."

I want to hatch some Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and gradually convert my mixed pen to all BLRW's!
smile.png

I want to hatch some more BBS Orps to intoduce some new blood into my flock.

I want to hatch some more silkies! I need blues and reds.

There are many more I want to hatch, but I can't decide which ones I want yet. (I hate having to choose!
tongue.gif
)

I don't know where I am going to put them all...

~Rebecca

From my own young ones I raised this year, I'm going to hatch some Welsummers and Cuckoo Marans (both SQ lines), and cross my Wellie roo on my EE's to get some olive egg layers, just for fun.

From Melissa I want to get some of her beautiful blue wheaton Ameracaunas & Golden Marans.

If I can find a splash Ameracauna roo this spring, I can cross him on my two black Ameracaunas I was able to hatch (also from SQ lines) & get some blue hens who lay blue eggs!

Quote:
If you haven't already contact Jody (hinkjc) for True Araucana eggs. I know she will not have any until the spring but she has GREAT stock.

Back
Top Bottom