What is going on with my BLRW eye!?

Redchels

Songster
May 2, 2020
Texas
All of a sudden it’s like her eye is sunken in. Any ideas or suggestions? It’s behavior is normal but it’s eye is not.

Attachments

• 07FE46A3-2635-4B44-AA29-49AB7B34CAD9.jpeg
    07FE46A3-2635-4B44-AA29-49AB7B34CAD9.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DA9EDB96-392C-4A81-B5A1-05256A44128F.jpeg
    DA9EDB96-392C-4A81-B5A1-05256A44128F.jpeg
    486.6 KB · Views: 10
Looks to me not like the eye is sunk in, but like the flesh around the eye is swollen. Can you get a shot of her looking straight on at the camera so we can compare both sides of her face?

All of a sudden it’s like her eye is sunken in. Any ideas or suggestions? It’s behavior is normal but it’s eye is not.
Aw, poor baby. BBH asked good questions. We need more pics. Have they gotten into anything? Could he have got pecked? That bird is also a cockerel, btw.

Looks to me not like the eye is sunk in, but like the flesh around the eye is swollen. Can you get a shot of her looking straight on at the camera so we can compare both sides of her face?
I will get 1 of her looking straight on tmrw-her other eye looks completely normal. At first my husband thought maybe her eye got pecked out but I saw it sunken in. 😱

Aw, poor baby. BBH asked good questions. We need more pics. Have they gotten into anything? Could he have got pecked? That bird is also a cockerel, btw.

It was getting late-had to feed the people. I will get more pics tmrw. Nothing to have gotten into and the only 1 out of 40 or so with this issue. I was leaning that way-but I didn’t want to be wrong lol

I will get some of that first thing, I do have another rooster in there but it’s much smaller so I never imagined it to happen.

I bet they were fighting. Or the other too, took a swift peck or two to put this in his place, and hit his eye. Look like a peck to me. I had a hen with an eye injury form a peck, and see healed up without any help in a day or two. I wa doing research on how to help her, and by the time I figured out what to do, she was opening her eye, and looking a bit. Her eye is kinda wrinkly looking, on the ball, and she has a lighter colored eye on that side so I don't know if she can see or not, but she does fine now!

Back
Top Bottom