What is going on!

What color is the foam? Try to smell her breath. Trying to narrow some things down. Thinking maybe sour crop.

Idk what soft and light means for her crop. Like it’s full of air? Like it’s full of water like a water balloon?

What color is the foam? Try to smell her breath. Trying to narrow some things down. Thinking maybe sour crop.

Idk what soft and light means for her crop. Like it’s full of air? Like it’s full of water like a water balloon?
Her crop is very skinny and small. The foam is white and bubbly her poop today was yellow with white around it

Have you looked deep into her throat? Please do. Wrap her in a towel to confine wings and feet and have a helper hold her. Then get a flashlight and pry open her mouth wide, it won't hurt her, and look into her throat.

Note the color, if there is any crusty stuff that looks like old food, or even worms in the throat.

She's probably weak from hunger. First thing to do is give her some sugar water to drink, one teaspoon to a cup of warm water. If you have Poultry Nutri-drench put a squirt of it into her water. Then offer soft boiled egg.

What I strongly suggest is to gather a poop sample and call a vet and ask if they can run a fecal float to determine if worms are present or coccidia. If the vet says no, call another vet, and keep calling until you find one that will do it and not insist on seeing the chicken. Promise them you will assume responsibility for treatment. It's not expensive.

Have you looked deep into her throat? Please do. Wrap her in a towel to confine wings and feet and have a helper hold her. Then get a flashlight and pry open her mouth wide, it won't hurt her, and look into her throat.

Note the color, if there is any crusty stuff that looks like old food, or even worms in the throat.

She's probably weak from hunger. First thing to do is give her some sugar water to drink, one teaspoon to a cup of warm water. If you have Poultry Nutri-drench put a squirt of it into her water. Then offer soft boiled egg.

What I strongly suggest is to gather a poop sample and call a vet and ask if they can run a fecal float to determine if worms are present or coccidia. If the vet says no, call another vet, and keep calling until you find one that will do it and not insist on seeing the chicken. Promise them you will assume responsibility for treatment. It's not expensive.
Thank you I will do everything you said tommrow when I come back home. I don’t think it’s possible to take her to vet. Especially since the area I live by has no vets that work with chickens and consider them exotic*

It's the same in my town and the town over the pass. It's small town rural and the three vets all have their hands full with horses and cows. I had no problem convincing my vet to do a fecal float each time I've needed one. Cost about $20. They just need to know we aren't going to burden them with a sick chicken.

Back
Top Bottom