what is going wrong? ? graphic pic

nileserenity

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2016
Oregon
I've had two batches of eggs now develop well moving at lockdown air cells look good. Humidity at 65%+ at lockdown but no pips.
This chick moving at day 18 all looked good. Today is day 24. Internal membrane had dropped down to chick but no pip.. never pipped internal or external. I don't know what I'm looking for in egg Topsy so here are pics
Advice help?

Still air foam bator. This batch dropped humidity to about 30. Last batch it was about 45. Same thing happened to both. No pips but alive at lockdown. Now today. Day 20. One silkie pipped but died in another batch with 30 humidity until lockdown then at least 65-70 since

Still air foam bator. This batch dropped humidity to about 30. Last batch it was about 45. Same thing happened to both. No pips but alive at lockdown. Now today. Day 20. One silkie pipped but died in another batch with 30 humidity until lockdown then at least 65-70 since
Those numbers are what I use for my standard eggs the first 17 days. I will say for my silkie hatch I had to run between 40-50% (Which I never hatch that high with humidity.) But the air cells were growing too big too fast at my normal 30%. Do you monitor your air cells at all?

Have you eggtopsied this one? If so does the yolk look like the one in the first pic that you shared?

Yes I checked the air cells regularly marking at 7 14 and 18 days. In the pic you can still see my cell pencil marks. This one pipped lower than I had marked. I haven't eggtopsied it yet. I will in a few minutes. Feeling heartbroken and as though I'm killing beautiful little babies :(

Back
Top Bottom