what is going wrong? ? graphic pic

Yes I checked the air cells regularly marking at 7 14 and 18 days. In the pic you can still see my cell pencil marks. This one pipped lower than I had marked. I haven't eggtopsied it yet. I will in a few minutes. Feeling heartbroken and as though I'm killing beautiful little babies
sad.png
After lockdown the air cell draws way down, so that is not unusual, however by the look of your photo he pipped mid egg, maybe malpositioned?? Don't be surprised if foot is above beak/head.

Your numbers look good and you are monitoring air cells. It's hard loosing a hatch, but go easy on yourself.

Ok. Thanks. I have 2 seramas that have tiny pips right now so I was afraid I'd killed them all. I have 6 seramas and a few silkies in the bator still.

I only took this one out because I could see the large pip with beak out much lower than air cell line and it wasn't moving. Hoped to help but it was dead. Is there anything else I can or should do other than wait?

Ok. Thanks. I have 2 seramas that have tiny pips right now so I was afraid I'd killed them all. I have 6 seramas and a few silkies in the bator still.
Are these your own/local eggs or shipped. That first pic from the second group you put up- the yolk looks better, but I still am seeing a greenisg/gray hint to it?? I could be wrong, but my gut is drawn to the yolks. It's telling me bacteria- but I'm just unsure. If your temps have been steady along with the humidity, I'd rule out your incubation technique.

Silkies are from my own chickens. Seramas are from my neighbor. (Previous and upcoming marans also from neighbor ).. no shipped eggs. Three different farms though

I only took this one out because I could see the large pip with beak out much lower than air cell line and it wasn't moving. Hoped to help but it was dead. Is there anything else I can or should do other than wait?
Until they've pipped and had time for the vascular system between egg and chick to shut down, there's not much you can do. If it turns out to be bacterial-omphalitis or such, there's not much that you can do.

Silkies are from my own chickens. Seramas are from my neighbor. (Previous and upcoming marans also from neighbor ).. no shipped eggs. Three different farms though
Hmmm....

I probably don't have to say this, it sounds as you have it together, but make sure the bator gets cleaned real well after this hatch. I am wondering if a bacteria didn't come in on one of the eggs.

:(. I hope not. I'm incubating in one with turner and fan then lockdown in a second still air and this round put them in cartons to try to avoid contamination :(... wait n watch I guess. Thank you for all your help and feedback. I haven't yet had a successful hatch

Back
Top Bottom