What is growing on my chickens face

Hi so we just got back from the vet and he gave roo two antibiotic shots and some meds to give him twice a day. The vet is not sure how roo will do because his lungs are very congested. The vet wants to see us a again next week. The vet said to keep him warm and away from the other chickens or any type of bird because it is very contagious.

Did he mention what he has or do you know the medicines or antibiotics he gave? This has gone on for a couple of months. I do hope he gets better, but there hasn’t been much information for us to help you.

Hi so here’s an update, roo seems to be getting better he isn’t taking his meds any more because the doctor said to only give to him for a certain time. He still sounds like he is congested inside when he crows it’s like he lost his voice. But overall he’s getting better the bump on his head is gone. I gave him a banana yesterday and he loved it. I’m hoping he’ll get better we are supposed to give him more medicine starting Saturday (it’s Monday) so I’ll tell you how he does I think he has A very good chance at making it.

hi so here’s and update so you know the bump on the side of his head near his right nostril with all the yellow crusty stuff in it? Well this morning we decided to try and get it out again because it looked like he wasn’t going to make it so we tried and my mom got some big pieces out and I tried and I got the rest out and know he has a hole that is so deep you can see the top of his beak from the inside and his right nose air was you can see in there too so he can breath through his nose again we think he is gonna make it now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 7
Was there hardened pus inside the hole? Does he seem to be breathing better? Did the vet ever say what the cause was? Glad he is still alive, and hope he gets better.

Was there hardened pus inside the hole? Does he seem to be breathing better? Did the vet ever say what the cause was? Glad he is still alive, and hope he gets better.
Ya there was harden puss he is breathing much better and eating more. The vet didn’t say the cause he was busy and was giving us the treatment. Do you know a way to keep the puss from coming back?

If it was caused by a sinus infection, antibiotics may be necessary. But I would keep cleaning it out as necessary.
If it was caused by a sinus infection, antibiotics may be necessary. But I would keep cleaning it out as necessary.
Ok thanks, We have been giving him the vet gave us baytril to give him.

Back
Top Bottom