What is in my backyard now...(sigh)...Binkey didn't make it**

Aww he is adorable!

I hope he is feeling better today and excited to drink!

What kind of cow is he?

He seems a little more energetic today. He took his bottle a little easier too. His momma was part angus and his poppa is brangus and simental. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Please keep good thoughts for him; he's just so sweet...

fl.gif
Good thoughts going your way, he is so stinkin' CUTE!

Have you perhaps tried bucket feeding him? I don't recall how old you said he was - we bottle fed a calf for about a week or two and that was enough. Switched him right over to a bucket and he took to it like nothing. I couldn't take being bumped and pushed around by a calf anymore! Not to mention he thought my leg was a bottle too!

Did he get colostrum at birth?

I'm sorry to report that Binkey's journey with us ended last night. He was so weak from his food not processing correctly. I really think most of the milk wasn't getting to the correct stomach from the beginning. He just never wanted the milk.

Sometimes things just work out this way. While we had him, he was the sweetest little thing. I'm grateful that I was able to hug, pet and love a little special needs calf like this but I'd have given that up in a heartbeat for him to have been healthy. I like to think that even though he didn't feel good that he was happy and felt loved. Thank you all for your kind suggestions and advice.

Such a sweet little spirit...he's not hungry or tired anymore and he will always be loved by us...

hugs.gif
so sorry. I remember bottle feeding the goats I loved that, even after they where no longer on the bottle they would suck on your finger. I sure miss that. Sorry about your calf.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom