What is it?

Fishychix

quando omni flunkus moritati
May 20, 2020
NE Ohio
I just reintegrated a female quail into an existing covey that contained her old friends and new offspring. She is still being very standoffish and hides all the time. She used to have an injury on the top of her beak by the eyes but I thought that had healed. However, she still appears to have a rather large spot. She is not getting picked on at all that we have observed. She is also not ramming into things like she used to either. So I dont think she has kept reopening the same injury. The picture has the best angle. Looking at it from the front, you cant really see it.

Attachments

• DD029725-A073-4BCD-B2E1-992EE185072C.jpeg
    DD029725-A073-4BCD-B2E1-992EE185072C.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 22
I just reintegrated a female quail into an existing covey that contained her old friends and new offspring. She is still being very standoffish and hides all the time. She used to have an injury on the top of her beak by the eyes but I thought that had healed. However, she still appears to have a rather large spot. She is not getting picked on at all that we have observed. She is also not ramming into things like she used to either. So I dont think she has kept reopening the same injury. The picture has the best angle. Looking at it from the front, you cant really see it.
Sorry I can’t see the injury in the posted pic

Here are more pix. The original, before cropping/zooming in, and the other one with the growth circled.

Attachments

• 84551184-8F1A-49AD-AFCE-4B6ADAB1383D.jpeg
    84551184-8F1A-49AD-AFCE-4B6ADAB1383D.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 5C2415EB-0A51-43BF-AAFC-6FF1032E81A6.jpeg
    5C2415EB-0A51-43BF-AAFC-6FF1032E81A6.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 9
Had a male that had an injury there that looked very similar when healed. He did fine with his ladies. I wouldn't worry.
Thanks. I dont know how birds heal so I wasnt sure if its a scar, Or a tumor, maybe even a mole 🤷🏻‍♀️
Im completely new to birds in general
What would explain her complete indifference to her surroundings?

Thanks. I dont know how birds heal so I wasnt sure if its a scar, Or a tumor, maybe even a mole 🤷🏻‍♀️
Im completely new to birds in general
What would explain her complete indifference to her surroundings?
blindness? does she dash away from you? Mine are very aware of me. They will duck down and get ready to flush. I hope they stop that eventually, but know better.

blindness? does she dash away from you? Mine are very aware of me. They will duck down and get ready to flush. I hope they stop that eventually, but know better.
Oh no :lau Ive actually named her Spazz because she goes insane when you go near her flying into everything trying to get away. She sits still pretending you cant see her when she was by herself but I thought she would be more comfortable withe the rest of the group. I guess not? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just dont want to overlook anything in case there is a connection between her behavior and the spot, like an illness that i dont know about?

Back
Top Bottom