What is one thing you want to do before you die?

Pics
You know, If someone said "you can do everything on your bucket list and then go on with your life or you can live on this huge farmland and never have to do anything but cook and take care of horses, chickens, cows, and rabbits for the rest of your life" Then I would go with the second option.
I agree! Id be pretty content with a comfortable, secure life, just focusing on my home and animals. Though, it's always nice to have dreams too!

Get married to a man who's going to truly love me (and hopefully at least tolerates chickens)
^^ This is the top one.

This is a reasonable life goal. Accept nothing less.

Sometimes my heart and head get out of synch, so I check in mentally with certain benchmarks to make sure things are moving in an appropriate direction. You've probably found meaningful resources for this already, but I'm happy to share a couple I found personally useful if you think it might be helpful. 💕

I'll circle back and read all of the responses, but I want to go ahead and get this tidbit out there.

I want to retire from work before I die.

Hear me out.

I've been with my current employer almost 36 years. I transferred into my current position in June, 2008. I was replacing the soon to be retiring technician.

He retired in August of 2008, turned 60 years old in Sept of '08, and died from a heart attack in Nov of '08.

I turned 54 years old last month, and my wife says I can retire at the end of this year.

Here's hoping I don't croak in 2022.

#fingerscrossed

Big farm, many people
My uncles use the horses for shows, younger cousins love going out on rides, some are used in riding schools

(Not all horses belong on to me, but more than half do, I'm mostly talking about the ones on the farm!)
"Many people" explains it. Since you have warmbloods, are you into Eventing?

Dressage wasn't my thing, but my appendix quarter horse went on to do well in it. The was him (about 16.1hh). I rode/trained/taught hunter-jumper.

Attachments

• Eric, c. 1994.jpg
    Eric, c. 1994.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 3
"Many people" explains it. Since you have warmbloods, are you into Eventing?

Dressage wasn't my thing, but my appendix quarter horse went on to do well in it. The was him (about 16.1hh). I rode/trained/taught hunter-jumper.
that is one gorgeous horse!
I wasn't massively into dressage either. I liked jumping best, something about it felt wonderfully free, every jump.

Back
Top Bottom