What is the BEST CHICKEN BREED?

chickenluver555

Songster
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
Virginia
I am trying to decide on a good chicken breed to get. I have some Easter Eggers, and i love them! but in the future I want to get different breeds, so which breed should I get? I know this is shallow, but I'm really big on the looks, and not as much the attitude. I am looking for a beautiful breed that will lay good and be more on the nice side.
Include pics if you can. Thanks!

Cream Legbars! Autosexing, blue egg laying (like 5-6 a week), crested and cream. Beautiful, friendly, and great parents to boot!
boy

girl

hen and roo

not my roo, but a beautiful one

another hen

Last edited:
Cream Legbars! Autosexing, blue egg laying (like 5-6 a week), crested and cream. Beautiful, friendly, and great parents to boot!
boy

girl

hen and roo

not my roo, but a beautiful one

another hen
Aww, they are cute as chicks, but grow up to look an awful lot like my EE's I have now. I know I am being so picky, I'm sorry. I like the blue egg laying part though. I'm going to look into them thanks

Last edited:
they are a little plain looking. The Wyandotte breed that K Spot mentioned is more my speed.
Thanks
smile.png

Speckled Sussex are quite nice looking as well and good egg layers. My SS is friendly and lays about 6 eggs a week.

I love orpingtons but mostly my buff orpingtons heres my two hens only 6 months old! they are very calm and friendly! Plus great layers!

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.png

Speckled Sussex are quite nice looking as well and good egg layers. My SS is friendly and lays about 6 eggs a week.
I'm not trying to hijack but where can I get some of those their so pretty! Also I have some golden laced cochins that I think are gorgeous but that could be just me

images

this one's not mine but it looks a lot like my hen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom