I typically mix purina gamebird starter with purina layer feed, I don't have an exact ratio, if I had to guess I'd say I typically do a 1:1 ratio.

However that's purely because I have a whole 50lbs of starter that needs to be used up, otherwise I'd probably offer exclusively layer crumble for most of the year, then switch back to the starter for higher protein and less calcium in the winter.
Thank you!

I use Hudson feeds gamebird feed for adults and Hudson feed multiflock starter for pheasants quail and turkeys, for the chicks. I get it all from chewy, and it is cheaper than going to my local feed store for what they carry. I’m not a fan of any purina feeds, so I don’t have any experience with their livestock feeds.

Is this valid?

I have six week old quail, and am not only curious about when to transition to an "adult" feed, but to what.

Thanks!

Is this valid?

I have six week old quail, and am not only curious about when to transition to an "adult" feed, but to what.

Thanks!
This is what I use for my quail, I have turkey eggs in my incubator and I plan to use the same feed for the turkeys. You can switch Coturnix quail to adult feed at 8 weeks. I often let them go longer before switching if they are in the growout because the starter is cheaper lol.

I used to use Purina Gamebird but have since switched to Kruse's Perfection Gamebird starter up to 8 weeks, then maintenance (I do give them supplemental calcium in the form of crushed oyster shells or crushed egg shells). My issue with the Purina is that they would go through it almost twice as fast as the Kruse's. The manure also stunk worst then normal. Honestly I just feel it has more filler so the birds had to eat more to get what they need.

Purina = Fillers.. Independent lab tests have shown they pencil whoop their numbers.. I know many people who were lifelong users and 6-8 years ago left Purina for other companies.. ive never used them I just remember this being a hot topic several years ago. Take it or leave it..

Back
Top Bottom