Sep 22, 2019
What’s some of the best chicken breeds and mixes to have? I love kid friendly chickens. I love broody chickens. I love caring chickens. I like adorable and cute chickens. I love chickens that lay pretty egg colors. I hate chickens that attack you. I hate chickens that try everything to escape. I love chickens that get along with other types of chickens. Which is the best chicken breed or mix?

Last edited:
I love Buff Orpingtons as they are so sweet and are great mothers with brown eggs. Also Rhode Island Reds are so sweet and lay brown eggs. They do have some aggressive individuals but they are mostly kind so don't let that deter you. Silkies are cute and sweet with light brown eggs and some white ones. I love serams as they are adorable and tiny with tiny white eggs. Ameracunas are skittish but are fine if you handle them, they lay green eggs. Easter Eggers are kind but I have never had them, they do lay blue eggs. All of my chickens lay pretty eggs and are all unique, even the brown ones. I would recommend looking under the reviews tab on this site.

I love Buff Orpingtons as they are so sweet and are great mothers with brown eggs. Also Rhode Island Reds are so sweet and lay brown eggs. They do have some aggressive individuals but they are mostly kind so don't let that deter you. Silkies are cute and sweet with light brown eggs and some white ones. I love serams as they are adorable and tiny with tiny white eggs. Ameracunas are skittish but are fine if you handle them, they lay green eggs. Easter Eggers are kind but I have never had them, they do lay blue eggs. All of my chickens lay pretty eggs and are all unique, even the brown ones. I would recommend looking under the reviews tab on this site.
I had 2 Rhode Island reds one was a 2 month rooster the other was older and a hen the hen was bad and was a escape artist the rooster was sweet and loved and cared for the chicks unfortunately he died and the hen we gave away to a good home cause she was too much to handle.

I had 2 Rhode Island reds one was a 2 month rooster the other was older and a hen the hen was bad and was a escape artist the rooster was sweet and loved and cared for the chicks unfortunately he died and the hen we gave away to a good home cause she was too much to handle.
aww. Yeah, they do have personalities. They are just like any other breed and will have some sweet ones and some mean ones

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Take your pick...
IMG_20190920_164848300.jpg

Except the rooster in the front. He's a jerk.

I definitely agree with the buff Orpingtons. They are sweet and they go broody. Definitely the friendliest birds we own.

Back
Top Bottom