$$$What is the most expensive chicken you have brought or sold?$$$

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I spent $86 including shipping for 12 +1 lavender orpington eggs on a BYC auction. We only had one hatch! Thank goodness she sent that extra ONE. My husband is always teasing me about I better not let that $86 dollar chicken out to free range.
gig.gif
She cost too much. She is very pretty and thankfully, at least a hen!
roll.png

Quote:
I can relate well. My dog should have his own bodyguard and entourage...My children didn't cost that much!

lol.png
i know the feeling--between the Borzoi and the heeler--I think we may have surpassed $4,000 in vet bills in the last two years. That doesn't include the $400 for the other dog--or the $2500 for one of the horses, either.
lol.png

I am involved with Araucana's so they all are expensive. 'Specially considering the cost of hatching eggs, having them shipped to me and then maybe having only a couple hatch out of 12-14 that were set. I didn't even figure out a cost per chick, that way if my DW asked I wouldn't be lying when I said "I don't know"....

Well in last two years spent $250.00 on Polish Tolbunt eggs from 3 different sources and not even one egg develope
barnie.gif

as far as birds $45.00 for a trio of MGB and $15.00 BCM Roo which died ten days latter
sad.png

THat's why I drove 14 hours to pick up two tolbunt chicks. So the price of the chicks plus the gas! The joy of watching them grow though makes them so worth it. Now I am hunting o shamo...they don't give them away either. Looking like a trip near the everglades next!

Back
Top Bottom