What is the silliest thing your kid has suggested?

Many years ago I asked my daughter what she wanted for her 4th birthday. She didn't know and wanted to think about it. Then when we were in the checkout of a department store she announced, "Mommy, I decided what I want for my birthday. I want one of those checkbooks so I can get everything I want!"

Quote:
My children know the anatomical names of their different parts, but when my 7yo starts asking about reproduction in front of my 4yo, well, that's when I start to deflect answers!
BTW... try explaining to a 7yo where a rooster's penis is. I told him, "You just can't see it." I think he was under the impression that if the rooster doesn't know he has a penis, then how does he know he's a rooster?
(That question came after the incident mentioned in an earlier post where my husband explained the difference between male/female cows. Now when we go by cows, my 4yo yells "Look - a penis - I see a boy cow!" I told her that's not polite to yell that, but she's 4... she doesn't always care about "polite.")

The neighbor kid (5 years old) noticed that I had a sunburn the other day. He pointed it out to me that I had been outside too long. He said that the next time it's that hot outside I should come to his house because they have popsicles. He's a cute little kid. He leaves me presents sometimes. The other day there were 2 colored pages from a Sponge Bob coloring book anonymously left at the end of my drive.

Once when my son was little he was talking about a baby quilt to a friend. I heard him say to the friend, "My aunt made this. At least I think it was my aunt, but it might have been some other kind of bug."

I am having so much fun reading all of these! Once, when I was little, we were in our pastor's office at church. Our pastor gave me a piece of candy. Once I finished that piece I asked my mom if I could have a second. She said no. So then I asked, "May I have another first please." Of course when she told me this I laughed hysterically!
lol.png

Yes have kids because its the only way to experience comedy like this anywhere. Grown people can't even make up stuff this good. They are just so honest.

When my DD started middle school she came home all upset one day because she had been bullyed by an older girl. She was having a hard time describing to us just how bad she thought this older girl was. Finally she took a deep breath and said, you know what kind of girl she is! She's a (she starts spelling here) S-L-O-T!!
To this day we laugh about DD going to school with a slot.

Back
Top Bottom