What is the status of this egg?

Well, I know I've read that incubation can start at surprisingly low temps, something like the 80s. Maybe this one got stuck in the box and didn't roll out until it had been somewhere warm for awhile?

Are all the other eggs in good shape? Because if this is the only funky one, I'd suspect it was some sort of an accident.

These eggs are 4 weeks old, just been sitting on my counter at room temperature. Bantam cochin and cream legbar eggs.
3A221FDE-29B4-4405-AFA6-D679EF3789D4.jpeg 57F809A2-5AFE-4037-B962-E3519C04A3D9.jpeg 49E8F820-E1FC-4FED-A935-88793207D61F.jpeg 45760E0C-B365-42FE-8FBD-3B6EFF3B996B.jpeg

Well, I know I've read that incubation can start at surprisingly low temps, something like the 80s. Maybe this one got stuck in the box and didn't roll out until it had been somewhere warm for awhile?

Are all the other eggs in good shape? Because if this is the only funky one, I'd suspect it was some sort of an accident.

Good question. Could very well have been an oops.

Looks older than 7 days to me. With shipping time, how old are they claiming it to be?

They are claiming it was laid and collected within the last week. It shipped on Tuesday and arrived today.

There was another one of this breed that was cracked in an obvious way (like, a naked human eye should have caught it), but nothing else in the box had any visible issues whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom