What is this hawk doing??? In a winter storm

youtubeminer

Chirping
Jul 1, 2015
It's been a long time since my thing about my chickens today April 4 2016 Mass had a big snow storm and I found a cooper hawk it has a white belly and I made a lot of noise but it just stayed there like this

R.I.P Roger the rooster that passed away September 20 2015 and someone please tell me why is that hawk not moving even with a lot of noise

The simple answer a lot of hawks have lost the fear of man.

The red tails in my area will sit on the dusk to dawn pole and look down on me like I'm some type of raging nut.

I can yell, scream, throw rocks, coffee cans at them you name it and they just look at me.

The only thing that will get them to fly off immediately is to set off a fire cracker.

First hawk is a Red-tailed Hawk. When more than one in a tree this time of year then most likely a pair. Nest likely nearby and will be easy to see. Female when not incubating will stay withing a few hundred yards of nest and not move much. Male will go to her bringing in eats that she will take to nest after he gives it to her if she is not on the nest already. Around here most chicks either hatched or close to it. When weather is warm and sun out mother will spend more time off nest.

We lost a sweet brahma to a coopers hawk that walked into the open coop door during the day and right into the enclosed run. When I saw it was too late. I knew Dr. Heinz Meng at the time ( Who was the first to bred peregrine falcons in captivity) he came and took him away. Dr. Meng was thrilled. Me not so much.

We lost a sweet brahma to a coopers hawk that walked into the open coop door during the day and right into the enclosed run. When I saw it was too late. I knew Dr. Heinz Meng at the time ( Who was the first to  bred peregrine falcons in captivity)  he came and took him away. Dr. Meng was thrilled. Me not so much.
I'm sorry for your loss

Back
Top Bottom