What is This? Help!

Okay, so I soaked it and the hard black part fell off. There was hard yellow ick under it, which we managed to clean a good bit of. After soaking, cleaning, rinse, and repeating for about a half hour, I decided that was as much as she take. We put antibiotic cream on it and now she is in our little isolation kennel with food and water

I sincerely hope I have helped her and not hurt her. She didn’t complain, not even once. Follow up pic of the after...
gross hu ? LOL Your doing good. Like everyone said though, gotta get it all . :sick :hugs

Thank you all so much. You are making me feel better. What was left seemed so deep and I had dug out so much already I was afraid I was hurting her. She didn’t object, at all, even after I pulled out a few feathers that looked infected; but I wasn’t sure if I should put pressure on it or not.
Guess I have more digging to do...
And I am off scrambled eggs for a while, because the ick looks exactly like that

giphy.gif

LOLOL Sorry.

Your doing great job there for your hen, some stuff can be pretty gross, but we kinda over come ore aversions to save our feathered friends, and I see a lot that have been here a bit and do a pretty good for triage until one of the eggsperts gets here to assist. That's what this amazing community is about, no matter how much we think we know theres always something new that pops up when your dealing with chickens or water fowl for that fact.

Your doing great job there for your hen, some stuff can be pretty gross, but we kinda over come ore aversions to save our feathered friends, and I see a lot that have been here a bit and do a pretty good for triage until one of the eggsperts gets here to assist. That's what this amazing community is about, no matter how much we think we know theres always something new that pops up when your dealing with chickens or water fowl for that fact.
eggsactly ! I have been reading you and I think your pretty good. I wont be surprised to see an educator badge under your name some day. " Just my opinion I have literally nothing to do w/ that. "

Back
Top Bottom