What is this predator? **** Coop Cam photo****

StephensonC

Songster
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
Richmond, Va
When I went out a few mornings ago, I found what was left of 2 of my Guinea's laying on the ground approx. 6 ft from their sleeping spot. They didn't sleep in the coop with the chickens. They have slept in the trees most of their lives. Anyway, the only thing left was 1 head, 2 beaks, tons of feathers and what appeared to be intestine and it's contents. Our land borders the woods and our chicken coops sit to the back of the farm, closer to the woods than to the house. I have also noticed it looks like something has been walking around on top of the runs. It is made up of some sort of chicken wire fencing and there are areas that seem sunken in. Like something heavy has been walking on it. I haven't seen any tracks anywhere, but I know our woods contain raccoons and foxes. It's possible we could have bobcats, not sure about coyotes or hogs. However, there have been some spotted in our county. We put up a camera back there and have some pictures of both raccoons and foxes, but we can't seem to identify what this one is. I was hoping you guys could help me identify what could have killed my guinea's and could it have been "this thing" in the photo? Would also like to identify "this thing" in the photo so I will know what I might be dealing with. Thanks!

Could this be the same thing? This was 2 days later. Was thinking at first this was probably a deer, but I don't know.
Looks like a lynx or bobcat to me but I'm in Australia. It's different to the first pic, first pic looks like a dog with mange

Back
Top Bottom