WildCHILD400

Songster
Jul 21, 2017
Can someone please tell me why my 3 month old chicken does this. Its been about a week now. It is getting over cocciadstat and this breathing is getting progressively worse.

She has been eating and drinking normaly. I have only had her for a week and shes been quarantined so far so no other birds have anything like this. She just makes a noise with the breathing no other symptoms really.

She appears to be gasping in the video, which could be a sign of a respiratory disease or a reaction to dust or something else in her environment. Was she doing this last week? Keep it well ventilated and prevent any mold. You never know what it was like for her before you got her— it might be something as a result of before. Look for any bubbles in an eye, sneezing, or lethargy, which may be other signs of a respiratory disease.

She has been sleeping inside the past week for close monitoring so no dust or anything. She was doing this last week but it seems to be worse now.

You can check at your feed store for an antibiotic, Tylan 50 injectable plus some syringes (3 ml with 18 or 20 gauge needles.) This would be good to treat mycoplasma (MG) which is a common respiratory disease. Dosage is 1/4 ml given by mouth without the needle 3 times daily for 5 days. If she has a virus, it may have to run it’s course over several weeks.

How is she doing today?

Were you able to find any Tylan 50? (I ask because as far as I know it is back-ordered until the end of the month and I can't get any where I am)

Back
Top Bottom