what is this?

Nikitaa

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 12, 2012
Brookland, Kent.
4 week old pekin bantam, just discovered this on her butt 5 mins ago. I washed it and now shes drying off on me in a towel as i type this. Is there something wrong? Or.. is it just, dried chicken poop or something else simple. Im worried about pasty butt. These are my first chicks. I bought 3, 6 week old chicks a few days ago, they've been in with this chick and her brother, and there haven't been anything pecking order problems, not really, not like normal with older birds. Could this be something she's caught from the newer birds. Or is it just something simple and I'm over worrying. I've included a picture of some poop I found with bloody bits, although I think its just intestinal shedding as she and the others are all on medicated feed. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Ive some in the cupboard I think. Do you know how much to put in with how much water? I thought they couldnt get it if on medicated feed?

I have baycox 2.5% sol. It says, 1ml to 1L. But doesnt say if I can give it to chicks or not.
Yes, you can give it to chickens. 1/5~1/3 ml per chicken, or 1ml to 1L water. It's even better than Corid IMHO.

Last edited:
btw, baycox is not so poisonous for chickens, as long as you don't give them too ... much(less than 4ml per chicken). Just google it.

Alright then :) thank you so much! Will this interfear with the medicated feed? Because the 4 other chicks will obviously drink the same water.

Chickens, so darn complicated at time.. Lol.

http://www.animalhealth.bayerhealth...x_bahprdmx_prods.trademark]=BAYCOX&no_cache=1

I found this while looking up Baycox as I have never heard of it before. Sounds great. Treats all strains and is a short dosage time.

Flyhigher...why are you saying to combine antibiotics with Corid? Antibiotics will not do anything in the treatment of Coccidiosis.
Because Cocci is often accompanied by bacterial infection(for example, bacterial enteritis).

Baycox is the best med for Cocci IMHO. It's low toxicity and can kill all kind of Cocci at every stage(as contrast, lots of other med can only kill Cocci at their early stage).

Back
Top Bottom