What is wrong with my Silk ie Cockerel? **Poop pics inc***

I noticed my 7 month old Silkie Cockerel was not interested on food about 4 days ago, the next day he was standing alone in his pen. Upon picking him up, he felt underweight. Brought him inside. No signs of respitory prpblems, not coccidia. He will eat bread, corn...people food basically but not feed. Thought I saw some mites, so bathed him and treated him again. Just treated last week for worms with Safeguard pellets. I Have Not Given Him Any Other Medications At This Time. His poop has been green...which I know is bile...Here are poop pics from yesterday and today.
[/IMG][/IMG] first pic is the most recent poop.

This picture looks like he isn't getting enough water, its clumpy dry looking. Are you giving them grit? I looked up the Safeguard pellets, i am not sure how you could get a proper dosage, could you get the safeguard goat dewormer or the safeguard paste for horses. That way its given orally and you know exactly what there getting.

Can you recheck the crop first thing in the morning to make sure its flat for three days in a row. He could have vent gleet. I kinda feel like its crop issue although they can have sour crop and vent gleet at the same time. With sour crop you will see different kinds of diarhea.

I wouldn't feed bread, i know of someones bird chocked and died. Try scrambled egg, sardines, I have done a mash with the crumble by adding water. Yogurt gave my hens watery diahhrea, I don't recommend that. No AVC in water if sour crop. Put probiotics in the water or food. I used Fluconozole to treat sour crop, don't need a prescription. This is an antifungal that goes into their system.

Make sure to bath him in epson salt bah when his bum is that messy with diahrea. The poop burns them. Trim back the bum feathers. If he continues with lose bowels and continues getting messy, put Vaseline on him.

Edited to add:

this picture looks like he might have been also constipated.

Last edited:

I tried eggs and tuna but he just isn't interested. I did have him quarantined inside and he would stand at the window and look sad ...so I put him back outside in a small pen with one girl. He seemed to perk up and is now eating feed. I didn't give him any ACv. Just vitamins I'm the water.

Back
Top Bottom