What is wrong with this roo?

jennajolynne

Chirping
May 8, 2017
Upstate NY
They had BOGO at a local Ag store when I went to go buy a few pullets and I ended up bringing this guy home because I felt SO sorry for him. Nobody was going to buy him looking like this. He is naked. He is supposedly a cochin bantam with frizzle gene. Someone please tell me when he hasn't feathered out yet? I have kept him inside and separated from my flock A. Because he is naked and may still get cold and B. Because he will get picked on. HELP! Also what can I do for him?

Attachments

• IMG_4683.JPG
    IMG_4683.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 21
How old is he? You might check for pests that may have caused any feathers he had to fall out or fail to grow. If he's otherwise healthy, I'd try giving him some high protein feed, like feather grower or chick grower/starter and see if that helps. Feeding him scrambled eggs and other high protein treats like mealworms might help too.

How old is he? You might check for pests that may have caused any feathers he had to fall out or fail to grow. If he's otherwise healthy, I'd try giving him some high protein feed, like feather grower or chick grower/starter and see if that helps. Feeding him scrambled eggs and other high protein treats like mealworms might help too.

I don't see any parasites. He is on grower and chick starter. I would say he is around 6 weeks old. I will try the scrambled eggs and higher protein diet. Thank you!

I'm guessing he has a genetic defect. Simply does not have any feather follicles (or what ever they are called) over half of his body. I certainly hope you did not pay good money for him!

I'm guessing he has a genetic defect. Simply does not have any feather follicles (or what ever they are called) over half of his body. .

He could be a frazzle in which case keeping him feathered out could be a problem.

Exactly...I feel sorry for these crosses, like the smashed nosed bug eyed little dogs.
What humans do to please our eyes....SMH.

I'm guessing he has a genetic defect. Simply does not have any feather follicles (or what ever they are called) over half of his body. I certainly hope you did not pay good money for him!

No I didn't he was part of a buy one get one free. But that's not the point. I felt sorry for him.

Back
Top Bottom