What is your craziest chicken encounter?

Funnily enough I had a chicken who's name was Big Foot as well! He had the longest legs for a chicken in the world! His feet were so large whenever he ran he looked like a galloping horse... Except for the fact that he was a chicken. We called him the little Dino Raptor. Unfortunately his size was his downfall; he got stuck in between a stack of feed and the wall and couldn't get out. We found him a few days later looking like this. View attachment 2065494
Poor guy... His large feet were his undoing...
Oh no! Poor Bigfoot!

about a year ago we walked into a feed store and say these ADORABLE baby Americana chicks. We decided to get one chicken for me and each of my siblings. I named mine cutie pie. A couple weeks later I hear this noise coming out of the brooder. It sounded like a chicken trying to sing with a fish bone stuck in its throat (aka a cockerel trying to crow. ) I look in and there is cutie pie crowing her, or should I say his, heart out. We changed his name to super supper. Everything started going uphill from there. He started acting like a brat and trying to attack us. He eventually lived up to his name: Super Supper. He was in the freezer within two months :gig

one of our friends had too many Roos so the gave us 2 of them. One of them is the sweetest roo I have ever had and the other is a terrorist chicken. I was collecting the eggs one day and Marion, the mean rooster who's full name is Marion Butts, attacked me from behind. Luckily I had on heigh boots on so hem attacking me didn't hurt. I was very surprised by his attack and was even more so when i saw Runner's, the nice chicken, response. Runner ran up to Marion and spured him away! Now I have a guardian rooster to protect me from mean Roos!:celebrate
Go Runner!
smiley_emoticons_bananadancer2.gif

Hey, I have one! So, I’m just kind of wandering around outside, when I see what looks like tail feathers blowing in the wind on the outside of the fence, in a woodpile. I look closer, and there’s a freaking game rooster there! So I’m gathering him up to take him inside when I see my hen that had been missing. And under her where 14 eggs! And they were already mostly hatched. So I bring the rooster inside, and I move all the chicks and the mother to a coop. Sadly the rooster died, but still, that was the strangest chicken related thing that’s happened to me!
That is pretty strange!

The other chicken there, another one of this counselor's favorites, was this truly enormous rooster named Big Foot. He was an actual unit, like the size of a smallish medium dog. He was like "Hold our your arms" and he gave me this giant rooster and turns out he was the tamest and loveliest boi ever. He was heavy as hell though but he was very happy to be held in your arms."
Funnily enough I had a chicken who's name was Big Foot as well! He had the longest legs for a chicken in the world! His feet were so large whenever he ran he looked like a galloping horse... Except for the fact that he was a chicken. We called him the little Dino Raptor. Unfortunately his size was his downfall; he got stuck in between a stack of feed and the wall and couldn't get out. We found him a few days later looking like this.
image.jpeg

Poor guy... His large feet were his undoing...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom