What is your favorite chicken breed?

20170510_183056.jpg
om
What is your favorite chicken breed?
Mine are Brahmas.
Swedish Flower Hens. No two are alike. They're docile, and are lap chickens. Beautifil birds for sure.

Silkies and Polish chickens are my most favourite. ^^ Though I also love Cochins and Giants.

Currently I have Silkies, 5 tiny babies, 5 nearly adult babies and 2 adults, and I get swarmed by them as they beg for treats and attention!
Fluff Attack.png

A good big brother.png
They are also super sweet birds, this is Peep-Peep with 3 of his younger siblings, he was raised around baby quail who'd snuggle under him so he is acclimated to small fluffy peeping things.
Mama Peep-Peep.png

They are also quite goofy looking when they look at you directly...
Where are your eyes.png
Peep-Peep, where are your eyes!? :lau

View attachment 552577 om
Swedish Flower Hens. No two are alike. They're docile, and are lap chickens. Beautifil birds for sure.
Update: my SFH are now 4 months old. They love to roam around tbe property during the day. They are serious lap chickens. They just jump right up on your lap even though we didn't handle them as chicks! Can't wait for them to start laying so I can incubate in tbe spring.

Attachments

• 20170910_072123.jpg
    20170910_072123.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 8
I am still sort of new to chickens. I had 4 Red Production hens for 18 months, until 3 started ganging up on 1. I got rid of the 3 bullies last weekend and decided on Bantam Buff Brahmas yesterday and ordered 5! Perhaps they will be my favorite??
The Production Reds are good layers, but one had a better personality than the other 3 in the end.

Back
Top Bottom