What is your favorite hatchery?

I have always ordered my birds from McMurray. I have ordered meat birds, buff orpingtons, golden laced wyandottes, delaware and just ordered some americanas (I know they are not pure bred but they also state that they are bred for egg laying color and ability not for show, so I'm cool with it) and meat birds from them this year. They have wonderful jumbo cornish cross birds. I have raised over 100 of them and have only had one die for unknown reasons at 4 weeks. I have never had a problem with any order I have received and will always buy from them even though their prices seem to be a little higher. They usually ship my orders on Saturday morning and then I have them first thing Monday morning and I'm in Idaho. Their customer service is WONDERFUL and so helpful if you have problems!!

I will always recommend them.

Ordered from Ideal recently. Order arrived when promised Had what I think is a high death rate out of 30 I lost 10 so far. 1 more not looking to good. lots o pasty butt. Have an order of ducks coming from Poultry Hatchery in June. First time using them so we will see.Anyone ordered from here?

I love Cackle! I ordered my girls from there and they are almost two weeks old,very nice quality chicks! I will def be a repeat customer there:) plus their customer service was outstanding. My newest 6 girls today/came from my local feed store.:)

I placed my first order with Murray McMurray. The chicks hatched on Feburary 1st...flown to me in Florida the morning of the 2nd. The post office called me the night of the 2nd and they were all in the brooder by 10 p.m. - They sent 27 chicks and today, two weeks later, all are doing great. A couple of them had a wee bit of pasting the first couple days, but we cleaned them up and monitored closely. I will order from them again!

I will NEVER order from Ideal again. Story on goose thread.

somad.gif

Would anybody recommend Meyer?
Yes I would recommend them:) I ordered from them last year with good results and great customer service. My chicks hatched on a Monday and I had them by 11am on Tuesday (I live about 5 hrs from their hatchery). I got a variety of breeds and my barred rocks were especially lovely. Got a surprise partridge rock rooster but he actually turned out to be a nice addition. One RIR died the same day they arrived and Meyer staff immediately refunded my account when I called them

When are you getting your babies? Mine are coming from Mcmurray on the 6th , so looking forward to them. I understand that Big R gets their babies from McMurray as well so I am thinking they have to be a pretty good company and good birds....... Hope we both get happy healthy babies!! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom